Things to do
When staying in Connemara, our team at the Connemara Coast Hotel will help you plan your itinerary.
Connemara is a unique landscape of beautiful scenery famous the world over, there's so much to see and do we've suggested a short list of where to go!
- Go shopping in Clifden.
- Visit Standun's, a unique shop with quality Irish and international goods.
- Swim in Dogs Bay or Gurteen Bay.
- Go golfing in Ballyconnelly Golf Club, one of Ireland’s finest links courses.
- Climb the famous Maamturk Mountains
- Have a leisurely lunch in Roundstone.
- Spend some time in the Padraig Pearse Cultural Centre near Rosmuc.
- Walk with South American Alpacas at Curraghduff Farm in Oughterard.
- Swim at Coral Beach, Carraroe.
- Walk the beaches at Omey Island
- Take a boat trip on Killary Harbour, Ireland’s only fjord.
- Climb the the Derryclare Horseshoe.
- Go to the mart at Maam Cross.
- Visit the village of Leenane, where the famous movie The Field was filmed.
- Cycle along the beautiful Lough Inagh Valley in the heart of Connemara.
- Visit the romantic Kylemore Abbey.
- Drive out to Renvyle and have a leisurely lunch in Renvyle House Hotel.
- Preferably cycle or walk the Sky Road.
- Hike up Diamond Hill in Letterfrack.
- Visit the site of the Marconi Station in Ballinaboy along with the crash site where Alcock & Brown ditched their plan after the first non-stop Trans Atlantic flight.
- Walk in a bog and appreciate the flora, fauna and silence.
- Vist AVOCA in Letterfrack
- Walk some of the old railway line in the Ballynahinch Estate and have Afternoon Tea in Ballynahinch Castle afterwards.
- Drive out to Lettermullan, a wild windswept place.
- Go surfing at Dunlaughin, Ballyconneely.
- Visit Dan O’Hara’s Farm
- Spend an energetic day at Delphi or Killary Adventure Centres